Video 2 Photo – extract still pictures from movies (Photography)
February 20, 2014 1 Comment
Video 2 Photo – extract still pictures from movies 1.6.1
Device: iOS Universal
Price: $1.99 -> Free, Version: 1.6.1 (iTunes)
All video apps from http://pacolabs.com are FREE for a limited time. Search for "pacolabs video" on the App Store to find them easily!
Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to ‘Video 2 Photo’ you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With ‘Video 2 Photo’ you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking ‘The’ good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With ‘Video 2 Photo’ this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With ‘Video 2 Photo’ you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from the camera roll of your iDevice.
Events and Albums are recognized.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
– archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
– send it by email
– retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
– copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
– print it
– open it directly in another application supporting image import.
– and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
This application, can run on your iPhone and your iPad.
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
This new 1.6 release is mainly related to iOS7 adaptations and fixes :
– New: Possibility to hide an export destination (in the Video 2 Photo section of the Settings application).
– New: Nicer crop constrain selection screen that also gives the possibility to define a precise ratio.
– New: Tencent Weibo export support.
– Change: Flat icon, status bar integration, new image background that reacts to user motion.
– Change: Improved Open-in export destination that gives more choices to the user (some of them may however be redundant with the other export destination).
– Fix: Avoid a crash of the application, under low memory conditions, when the movie reel is scrolled.
1.6.1 updates some App Store screenshots
Via AppShopper.com: Popular New Apps, Version Changes and Price Changes (Photography) for iOS http://appshopper.com/photography/video-2-photo-extract-pictures-from-movies